Sunday, July 26, 2009

Xương ống hầm rau củ - A Vietnamese cuisine









You know I'm not good at cooking but I do try sometimes when I have a chance. Also, I love shootingVietnamese food in order to introduce it to the ones who are interested in our cuisine.

I still remember : In someday, when I lived in Vietnam- my hometown…for 3 years ago….


My Mummy is enjoying weekend retreat with her friends in Ho Chi Minh city now. She left home yesterday morning while I was sleeping. Now that the best cook of my life has been away from home, I have to cook my own meals. Yesterday, I fed myself boiled squid, veggies soup with shrimp and a duck egg. Today, I decided to cook my favorite dish – xương ống hầm rau củ. I went go the market quite early to get some fresh veggies and ...pork bone (of course with some meat on it.) Sóc accompanied me to the market as he often does to my mom. I felt strange but I could stop him - my naughty four-leg brother.If you'd love to try cooking this, all you need is: a carrot, two potatoes, two sweet potatoes, two dozen lotus seeds, one gram of mushrooms, spring onions and pork bone. Stew the pork bone for ... well... I don't quite remember exactly but maybe it takes about 15 minutes. While stewing the bone, peal and chop the carrot, potatoes, sweet potatoes into cubes. Wait until the meat on the bone is really well done then put chopped veggies in. After 2 minutes or so, add lotus seeds and mushrooms in. Next, add some salt and pepper in. No need to add MSG as the pork bone makes the soup tasty enough. Serve this in a small bowl, and don’t forget to scatter some chopped spring onions.


Xương ống hầm rau củ is not only a tasty and nutritious soup but it’s also very colorful and eye-catching.


Hope you will enjoy it too!



1 comment: