Saturday, July 11, 2009

For the wind to blow it away ( A Vietnamese song )




English

FOR THE WIND TO BLOW IT AWAY

In this life, we should live with heart and soul
It is for what, do you know?
For the wind to blow
Blow it away...

The wind blows
For the clouds to pass the rivers
Day has just risen or dark night comes
Oh, see the heart that's flying with time
Acting as a ghost that cries out lies.

When the evening comes we need a laughter
Just to fly away silently with the leaves
And then the water sweeps it away
Sweeps it away...

Let's take a look through a love story
Just look in silence, no words spoken
To feel your heart's acute pain
The heart's acute pain...

Deep within the heart
An injured bird lies in silence
Spends a long sleep, carrying the bad wound
One morning, the bird shall fly away for good
And her singing fades away when the afternoon wind arrives

Love, love the coming days even though you feel exhausted from this life
Life is still there, be happy
Even though someone is missing
Even though someone is missing...
Vietnamese

ĐỂ GIÓ CUỐN ĐI


Sống trên đời sống cần có một tấm lòng
Để làm gì, em biết không?
Để gió cuốn đi
Để gió cuốn đi

Gió cuốn đi
Cho mây qua dòng sông
Ngày vừa lên hay đêm xuống mênh mông
Ôi trái tim đang bay theo thời gian
Làm chiếc bóng đi rao lời dối gian
Những khi chiều tới cần có một tiếng cười
Để ngậm ngùi theo gió bay
Rồi nước cuốn trôi
Rồi nước cuốn trôi

Hãy nghiêng đời xuống nhìn suốt một mối tình
Chỉ lặng nhìn không nói năng
Để buốt trái tim
Để buốt trái tim

Trong trái tim
Con chim đau ngủ im
Ngủ dài lâu mang theo vết thương sầu
Một sớm mai chim bay đi triền miên
Và tiếng hót tan trong chiều gió lên

Hãy yêu ngày tới dù quá mệt kiếp người
Còn cuộc đời ta cứ vui
Dù vắng bóng ai
Dù vắng bóng ai….
After reading "Fifth season" by my best friend. She has reminded me of something I've almost forgotten. Getting myself drown in my sorrows recently, I've almost forgotten something that once used to be my theory of life. I guess I'll remember it from now on.
Trinh Cong Son was one of the greatest musicians of Vietnam. His works consist of more than 500 songs, most of which have become classics in Vietnamese music. He once said "In this life, we should live with heart and soul. Even though it is for nothing. Even though it is just for the wind to blow it away"
(Sống trên đời sống cần phải có một tấm lòng.Dù không để làm gì cả.Dù chỉ để gió cuốn đi).
He wrote a song called “For the wind to blow it away” in which he explained what he said. I was hurt real bad when I realized that I had given away so much love and I didn't get that much in return. But somehow, now I think, I was wrong. Listening to the song again, I've felt better. If I keep on thinking that life is unfair for me, and that no one except for my family can give me as much love as I have given to them, I will just hurt myself. I've written down the song's lyric after few times listening to it. And then, I felt an inspiration to translate it into English...
"Life goes on, as it never ends", I'll be fine. I'll keep on going, keep on being myself. Life is beautiful, human beings are beautiful. This world is beautiful with various artworks, artworks of God. My parents, my sister, my best friend. They're all gifts of life and artworks of God that I've been given. I am grateful to each and everyone I have met in my life, thanks for the lesson they've taught, the love they've given, the pain they've caused.
For each I'm getting stronger, for each I'm growing up some more...
Thank you so much…
Midway City, CA 92655
Thu Nhat Anh Nguyen

1 comment:

  1. This song has such a nice meaning to it. We so often get caught up in our lives and forget to thank those who are important to us. I also think that being grateful is an important value to have.

    ReplyDelete